I have a fascination for two things – images and words.
Visual imagery gets engrained into the mind like a sketch while the
power of the written word is inked into the bowels of a reader’s heart.
Nothing beats the interplay of visual imagery
and the written word. These are my bread & butter.
JAMBO! – HELLO!
I am a Kenyan-born journalist, graphics designer and photographer. A global citizen that has traveled to 97 countries around the world; lived and worked in seven countries on four continents and now based in Toronto, Canada. I travel the world to showcase the very best of what I see and experience through features, graphics and images.
Highly motivated publishing professional with more than 15 years experience in journalism and publishing. A self-starter that generates editorial ideas and is not afraid to work with others and can manage simultaneous production of multiple publications. An avid traveler and reader with a passion for photography, music, the great outdoors, wildlife and scuba diving.
London School of Journalism
- Freelance feature writer for trade publications, mainly in the United States focusing on environment, aviation, travel and tourism, telecommunications, agribusiness, healthcare and maritime.
Safari Communications Ltd.
- Founder and publisher at Safari Communications, publishing of a number of publications that include tourism guides for Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Mozambique, Ghana, The Gambia and Botswana.
- Worked on a number of publications for the United Nations Human Rights Commission in Bujumbura, Burundi.
See the links to all the publications here below: https://issuu.com/safari-communications/stacks/4fdbf1f06aff44fe8a28e5360f1c9591
- Designed, produced and delivered corporate branding materials for the United Nations Human Rights Commission in Burundi.
- See some of these publications in the link: https://issuu.com/safari-communications
Great Lakes Expeditions Ltd.
- Co-founder of a travel photography firm offering wildlife photography expeditions to East Africa.
Land & Marine Publications Ltd.
- Editorial Director in charge of the editorial production of all Kenyan based publications that included: Sarova Spotlight, Swahili Coast Kenya, JacarandaPlus, Reflections, 540 Magazine, Mikutano, KAA Handbook.
- Contributing editor of other publications by the company in other parts of Africa. These included tourism, aviation and maritime publications.
Graphic Designer &
Have a new project in the works? I’d love to hear all about it. I am passionate about what I do. Let’s do something great together.